Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPSEC VPN REMOTE CLIENT PROBLEM

Dear Expert,

I want to set up a VPN remote client for a LAPTOP which is going to access the computers under my network which a ASA 5510 is proctected.

From the ASA 5510 tools CD, I found a VPN Client 5.xx version is provided, But I don't know why it seems to be not match with my ASA 5510 VPN setting. The ASA 5510 VPN Remote Access must set 3DES sthon phase 1 and 2 for security. However, I can not find any places on the provided Client to set this kind of encrytion types.

Do you have any other VPN Remote Client that can work with the ASA, or any other solutions?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: IPSEC VPN REMOTE CLIENT PROBLEM

Hi,

The VPN Client 5.x should work with the ASA. Have you already configured the ASA for Remote Access and tried connecting using the VPN Client 5.x. If so, can you post the debugs from the ASA.

Also, there is no hard setting on the VPN Client for the IKE Proposals. The VPN Client has a set of built in IKE Proposals and negotiates this with the ASA VPN Server. Please refer the below URL for the supported IKE Proposals:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client46/administration/guide/vcAch8.html#wp1157757

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content