Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Cisco VPN posible for Windows Phone 8.1

Aurimas Plunge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Microsoft released Windows Phone 8.1 on April and it supports VPN connections.

So I would like to ask:

Is Cisco going to release Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client for Windows Phone 8.1?

Maybe someone managed to make clientless connection with ASA 9.1( for example IKEv2 or SSL-VPN) ?

Or should I abandon idea of connecting WP 8.1 with ASA?

Thanks.

24 Replies 24

We are expecting most instances of 2250 errors to get resolved in our next beta update over the next few weeks.  There are various causes for this error message, the most common is an ASA running a SW version earlier than 9.2.1, but this is not the only cause. Unfortunately as an end user, there is nothing you can do to workaround this, you will need to wait for our next update where we should have a fix in place for most of these 2250 error conditions.

Thanks, Peter.  I will await the next update then.  (Would I get an email alert once the update is ready? :-)).

Regards,

Vaidya.

Hi Peter,

Today I got an update to the Beta.  After installing it the 2250 error has gone away but getting this error message:

"Login denied, unauthorized connection mechanism, contact your administrator."

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Regards,

Vaidya.

This message means that your company has set up a specific Dynamic Access Policy (DAP) rule restricting your access, perhaps it is only letting certain OS's on (i.e. Windows).  Only your IT department can relax this enforced rule to let you on.

Hi there,

I have upgraded to the latest versions and im still having the 2250 error when phones try to connect.

Don't suppose you have any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Please contact us at ac-mobile-feedback@cisco.com with a screenshot of your error and a FieldMedic (Enterprise) log report started before connecting and terminating after seeing the error.  Instructions on the FieldMedic logging process are in our release notes on Cisco.com.

I have installed AnyConnect Mobility Client for Windows Phone 8.1 on Microsoft Lumia 640 successfully. I also have successfully installed the non-Microsoft (self-generated and self-signed certificates which is used on my PC).

But, when I'm trying to create the new VPN connection using AnyConnect profile, I see only Microsoft certificates.

Where I lost my certificate and how can I agree it using?

Your end-user certificate will not be seen in MS's UI, what you are seeing are a list of Server Certificates the phone has available to it for pinning head-end cert validation.  Keep that slider at Off and attempt a connection, make sure you set Connect Automatically to Off.  If you have further issues and need assistance, please contact us at ac-mobile-feedback@cisco.com for troubleshooting assistance.

I have a question about running cisco anyconnect on a windows 8.1 phone.  So i got anyconnect to work with username and pwd coming off of a SCEP Proxy Svr.  However, when i try and reconnect it using the proxy cert, it keeps prompting me with a username and password.  Is there anyway to use it with a Certificate instead of a username and pwd.

Please follow the instructions in the release notes to generate an enterprise Field Medic report.  Once you have started this prior to making your connection and stopped it afterwards, please email it to us with the information above (ac-mobile-feedback@cisco.com).