Views
Helpful
Replies

Isakmp key storage location

misnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering where PIX stores its isakmp key ? indeed if i do a "sh run" or "sh isakmp key" key is replaced with ******.

Goal is to backup the configuration AND Isakmp keys.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

it's good to learn that your issue has been resoloved.

according to cisco:

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

use the "write net" command to backup the config to a tftp server. all the isakmp keys are displayed in clear text from there.

just wondering how you go.

It works like a charm !

it's good to learn that your issue has been resoloved.

according to cisco:

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: