cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 1941W vpn capability

rajsoundar
Level 1
Level 1

I asked a question earlier on the licensing need for enabling vpn capability ISR 1941 W and also got a call from cisco support team. Thanks for that. My understanding after the call was that I do not need a license for basic vpn. While I am sure I might get a follow up call after the thxgiving holidays, I thought I would get this one clarified meanwhile:

Looking at a cisco link:

http://www.cisco1900router.com/the-full-tutorial-of-cisco-1941-features-setup-and-faqs.html

The following statement is the one that confuses me:

• Embedded hardware encryption acceleration is enhanced to provide higher scalability, which, combined with an optional

Cisco IOS Security license, enables WAN link security and VPN services (IPSec acceleration).

Does this statement specifically refer to only IPSec accelaration or even for basic VPN? Because VPN service may mean anything.

My expectation,  for example, is that I should be able to use a PPTP or even a dowloaded anyconnect IPSec client to connect to ISR's VPN without any extra license purchase from Cisco. Just want to be double sure in the absence of an unambiguous reply my to earlier post.

Thanks,

raj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For vpn services you will need the security license.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For vpn services you will need the security license.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: