cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with VPN client installation

snyder.eric
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to install by using the suto web install but that fails. I have downloaded the manual installation package for XP and installed. It immediatly crashed when I logged in. I have tried a few times and have logged in using the VPN client (no browser) once. The rest of the times it crashes. If I try to login through Firefox it seems to think I have not installed and tries to install and it fails.

Where to start?

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) What is your OS? Windows XP, which Service Pack? and 32-bit or 64-bit?

2) Are you trying to install AnyConnect client? and which version are you trying to install?

1) Sorry...XP, 32 bit

2) Yes. Version 2.4.2012 I have installed this manually after a failed install trying to access the router using Firefox.

After I try to login to the router using Firefox it tries to start or install something:

After about 60 seconds it fails:

It was after this that I performed the manual install using the file "anyconnect-win-2.4.1012-web-deploy-k9.exe". If I attempt a connection with the manually installed AnyConnect Client then it crashes upon connection.

You might want to manually uninstall the AnyConnect software as follows:

1)Uninstall AnyConnect manually:

Start –-> Run –-> Compmgmt.msc –-> System Tools –-> Device Manager  Select Network Adapters –-> Cisco Systems SSL VPN Adapter  Right Click –-> Uninstall

2) Stop and Uninstall Agent.exe service:

Start –-> Run –-> cmd  Goto cd \Program Files\Cisco Systems\SSL VPN Client

Type “agent.exe stop”

Type “agent.exe uninstall”

Right Click on Task Panel – Select Task Manager  Under Processes, check that Agent.exe and GUI.exe do not exist

3) Remove the Active-x Control

Delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\STCWeb.ocx

4)  Delete Files in Program Files

Goto C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\SSL VPN Client  Delete all files in this directory

5) Delete Registry Entries

Start –-> Run –-> regedit  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\SSL VPN Client

Select “SSL VPN Client” right click and Delete  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cisco  SSL VPN Client

Select “SSL VPN Client” right click and Delete

Continue searching and if instances of STCAgent is found, also delete  these entries

6) Reboot the PC

7) Connect to your SSL VPN and install the AnyConnect software.

Thank you. I ran into problems with the instructions. The directory name is different and there was no agent.exe there was vpnagent.exe so I killed that. There was no STCWeb.ocx so I uninstalled it using the Add/Remove Programs. I looked at the registry and there was a Cisco with nothing inside. I reinstalled and it seems to instal;l fine but now it crashes when I start a connection after I log in. I will search for this issue and start a seperate thread if I find I need more help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: