Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java problem within FW MC (VMS 2.2)

when accessing, from FW MC, the "Configuration ==> Setting ==> SNMP" option, I got the following error messages if my PIX config SNMP-SERVER LOCATION" parameter includes an ampersand character (& character) :

You have encountered an ERROR!

ERROR - The request attribute command is processSetting - The request attribute target is null - The custom msg is -

The application error is Nested exception during invocation of processSetting on the target com.cisco.nm.mdc.pix.units.Snmp

The exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

The exception message is null

The exception type is : java.lang.NullPointerException

The exception message is : null

===============================================

(Other java esoterical messages follows)

If I remove the ampersand character from the SNMP-SERVER LOCATION parameter i.e. :

snmp-server location PARIS S R (instead of

snmp-server location PARIS S&R ),

the problem disapears

This problem appears with VMS 2.2 and VMS 2.2 Update 1

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Java problem within FW MC (VMS 2.2)

What version of firewall MC are you running specifically? I'm running 1.2.2 and I simply get a pop-up window telling me not to enter special characters, then it takes me back to the config screen.

Updates for Firewall MC (and all the other MC's can be found here):

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/vms-planner.shtml

I don't know of a specific bug fix for this (checked the Releae Notes for both 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 and there's nothing related), but there is a lot of Java fixes on both versions so the update probably fixes this issue just by fixing some Java issues. Try the update and see how you go.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content