cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keeping Anyconnect connected

wngwngwng
Level 1
Level 1

Does Anyconnect support staying connected when a user logs off from their PC?  There was an option in the IPSec clients, but I can't seem to find one for Anyconnect.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.                  

5 Replies 5

rohaverm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyconnect very much supports the connection after log off. Make the below tag true in the AC profile and push it to the client,

false

Regards,

RV

Thanks for the info Rohan.

I made the change on the client's xml profile before making a connection.  But it appears that the xml profile gets overwritten during the Anyconnect connection and  from the default profile on the ASA.   Is it possible to change the one on the PC to allow this without making a change globally to the profile on the ASA?

Bill

Is it possible to retain the connection and have someone else log on to machine?  The reason I ask is that our level 2 support would like to be able to sign in as the local admin of the workstation to make changes or look at things.  The general user popluation does not have admin rights.

Hi Bill,

If you are making changes to the client profile on the client machine then whenever you make a connection to the ASA, the ASA will push the xml profile which will replace the existing xml profile i.e. it will replace the changes that you made to the xml profile because the changes were made on the client machine and not on the ASA. You need to make this change on the XML profile binded to the group-policy on the ASA and then only new profile will take effect.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Vishnu

I don't see the TAG,  is this for just the mobility client not the VPN.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: