Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L2tp over ipsec with pix 515E

Hi

Please someone help me.

We have a cisco Pix 515e and we want to configure it that the users from the internet connect to internal network by using vpn ,l2tp over ipsec.Also i'v installed a certificate server and we sure our pix take its certificate from the ca server,and the clients at outside can connect to ca server and take their certificates.

I Realy dont no how to configure windows xp to use l2tp over ipsec do i need go to mmc configuration if i need what kind of configurations i need ?

Here is my pix configuration exactly like on the cisco document.

2 REPLIES

Re: L2tp over ipsec with pix 515E

Hello,

On the Interface link ( Connect To) using the new connection wizard, you can create a new connection. The options are self explanatory and you will be give a selection of type of VPN(PPTP,L2TP and 3rd selection).

Once that is setup.L2TP Tunnel should work

and the only error have across is a 781 error:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=258261

This link directs one through the modification of the registry in order for L2TP to work.

Re: L2tp over ipsec with pix 515E

Hi Ksudi

Thanks for your reply,but the document on the url describe l2tp without ipsec and my goal is use l2tp over ipsec as i said i ve installed a certificate server and the clients can take their own certificate also we dont want to use pre-shared key.

please look to my configuration ,are there any fault ?

If not please tell me what should i do on client system ?

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content