cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lan-2-Lan Tunnel between 6500 and ASA 5510

Derek Lee
Level 1
Level 1

I was looking at this example, but I don't have a VPN Service Module on our 6500:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800f6d82.shtml

I'm wondering if this is even possible without the VPN Service Module? It looks like it could be, but the configs have me eluded. I have one inside VLAN and multiple outside VLANs. The inside VLAN is mapped to an outside physical port as a access port. Following the above example, it looks like I should be connecting an ouside VLAN to the inside VLAN. However, configuring Bypass NAT looks different from what is shown. From what I see it looks like I'll have to configure the Bypass NAT using route-map instead?

I'm wondering if this is even possible at all. Any help in some direction would be great. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

I would think that configuring the 6500 without a VPN module would be the same as configuring any router based VPN with crypto IOS.

Naturally you do not want to attached the 6500 directly to the internet, it should be behind a security device - as the 6500 will have no protection, and if it's your core - your network will be wide open.

HTH>