Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LAN to LAN tunnel bridging, is it possible?

Hi All,

We have this topology:

192.168.1.0/24(encryption domain)----[PeerA]<====Ipsec Tunnel====>[VPNconcentrator]<==IPsec tunnel===>[PeerB]----192.168.2.0/24(encryption domain

The concentrator we're using is a 3000 series, I am wanting to find out will it be possible for 192.168.1.0/24 to reach 192.168.2.0/24 via the single VPN concentrator. So the concentrator acts as a bridge between the two tunnels.

If so what is this refered to as? and where can one find more information about this topology?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think this should work still need to test.

On peer A suppose encryption domain 192.168.1.0/24 Source & Destination would be 192.168.2.0/24 using peer VPN Con.

Again on VPN encryption domain would be same using remote peer same way around.

should be simlier to https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22428

Thanks

Ajay

3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: LAN to LAN tunnel bridging, is it possible?

EDIT: I think I have completely misunderstood the original post. Please ignore my post Shouldn't read too fast

Hi,

Never heard of such a thing atleast and it would seem kinda impossible from the standpoint of VPN configurations.

In our own environment we use EoMPLS connections to widen the reach of a customers network (not very common though). This could basicly mean that a customer with 2 DSL lines could be connect in our core network and be part of the same L2 network and therefore share the same network address range.

When youre connecting multiple DSLs etc. you would probably be using VPLS.

Though these would be question best directed to your ISPs (and some more expirienced people here on the forums). Though I still suspect it would cost you alot more than just simply having a typical L2L VPN environment.

Why would you want to have the 2 sites using same address range?

I think this should work still need to test.

On peer A suppose encryption domain 192.168.1.0/24 Source & Destination would be 192.168.2.0/24 using peer VPN Con.

Again on VPN encryption domain would be same using remote peer same way around.

should be simlier to https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22428

Thanks

Ajay

Re: LAN to LAN tunnel bridging, is it possible?

Great - thanks heaps Ajay

Views
Helpful
Replies