Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

lan to lan tunnel

remote router intermitantly gives the following error

Mar 4 16:49:07.621 UTC: %C1700_EM-1-ERROR: packet-rx error: ESP authentication fail, id 44, pool offset 0

Mar 4 16:49:29.915 UTC: %C1700_EM-1-ERROR: packet-rx error: ESP authentication fail, id 110, pool offset 0

Mar 4 16:50:01.299 UTC: %C1700_EM-1-ERROR: packet-rx error: ESP authentication fail, id 14, pool offset 0

Mar 4 16:53:23.046 UTC: %C1700_EM-1-ERROR: packet-rx error: ESP authentication fail, id 65, pool offset 0

Mar 4 16:55:53.842 UTC: %C1700_EM-1-ERROR: packet-rx error: ESP authentication fail, id 59, pool offset 0

then its quite about this issue few hours then it complains again.

The tunnel is LAN to LAN and no remote users will be coming through this tunnel for authentication.

thanx

4 REPLIES

Re: lan to lan tunnel

Is it occurring during renegotiation of the tunnel? Or at apparently completely random times?

randomnly after the tunnel has been built

Hi,

Did you ever get an explanation for this error. I have it all the time. I've been told that its because the IPSEC packets are being reordered and failing the replay window check. I can't prove or disprove this. Any fix???

at

hi,

what software version is running on the 17xx Router

%at

Views
Helpful
Replies