Views
Helpful
Replies

License keys for PIX

kunal-united
Level 1
Level 1

Are License keys specific to the Software versions for PIX? or

Do I have to have a license key which can be used in a particular software version for PIX

3 Replies 3

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

assuming the licence key you are referring is the activation key of the pix.

it is specific to a pix unit. it controls what the pix ability is such as the encryption level (i.e. des/3des/aes) and failover type (i.e. unrestricted/failover only). with pix501, it also specifies the maximum number of internal user for concurrent connections.

further, i think the key length has been updated with pix v7.

sagdas
Level 1
Level 1

License keys are created based on a combination of ur serial number and software verson.

You can send these details to licensing@cisco.com in case you are looking for any keys.

DES/3DES are available on cisco's site.

Regards,

Sagar

Help. I got an activation key for my primary pix before I did an upgrade. I didn't know I had to get another activation key for my secondary pix. After I upgraded both pix's I ran the activation key on the primary. I then applied for the key for my secondary. Now my secondary will have VPN-triple DES enabled but my primary won't. Also, the secondary won't take the key. Does it have to be the active PIX for the activation key to work? Finally, I am now getting errors in Cisco works due to traffic from it without IPSEC. I know I read something on that but can't find the document. Please advise...