Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

License keys for PIX

Are License keys specific to the Software versions for PIX? or

Do I have to have a license key which can be used in a particular software version for PIX

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: License keys for PIX

assuming the licence key you are referring is the activation key of the pix.

it is specific to a pix unit. it controls what the pix ability is such as the encryption level (i.e. des/3des/aes) and failover type (i.e. unrestricted/failover only). with pix501, it also specifies the maximum number of internal user for concurrent connections.

further, i think the key length has been updated with pix v7.

License keys are created based on a combination of ur serial number and software verson.

You can send these details to licensing@cisco.com in case you are looking for any keys.

DES/3DES are available on cisco's site.

Regards,

Sagar

Help. I got an activation key for my primary pix before I did an upgrade. I didn't know I had to get another activation key for my secondary pix. After I upgraded both pix's I ran the activation key on the primary. I then applied for the key for my secondary. Now my secondary will have VPN-triple DES enabled but my primary won't. Also, the secondary won't take the key. Does it have to be the active PIX for the activation key to work? Finally, I am now getting errors in Cisco works due to traffic from it without IPSEC. I know I read something on that but can't find the document. Please advise...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content