Helpful
Replies

Linksys BEFSX41 VPN to Pix 515E

rod.caglia
Level 1
Level 1

I've been scouring forums and the cisco website to get this vpn going now for

about a week. Total newbie to vpn's :o

I have a 515E at my main site and a couple remotes with linksys befsx41 vpn routers on cable and dsl. The Pix has 3 interfaces, outside, dmz and inside.

I have succesfully setup the Pix for pptp and ipsec using the Cisco Vpn client and was able to access the internal network ok. Now I'm trying to get the linksys connected with no luck. Just to make sure I didn't have any overlapping configurations, I no'd all the vpn client setup to bring the Pix back to a clean config before trying to setup the ipsec site to site.

My main goal is to have the linksys routers initiate the connection and allow 3 or 4 users access over the tunnel to the main site.

Anyone who can guide me in the right direction without having to get my CCIE first I would appreciate it!

TIA

Rod

79 Replies 79

I would be very interested in finding out how you got this to work... i have tried everything i can think of. Add me to the list of the frustrated.

Hi there,

Can you please send me a copy of your config.

edarancibia@optonline.net

Thanks,

Eduardo

I am very interested in this information. I have purchased a linksys BEFSX41 and have a cisco 506e pix. I don't have any problems with the cisco vpn client but have yet to be able to get the vpn tunnel set up at all with my linksys. Any and all help would be very appriciated. Thank you.

If you wouldn't mind sending me a copy of your conf files, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Charles Funderburk

ctfunder@pronetic.net

Dear Rod....I also need ur help to make my Linksys FSX41 to work with PIX VPN. pls help me! Appreciated! My email is keith.li@dynatrans.com.hk

best regards

Keith

Rod,

Could you send me your setup too. One of my friend is trying to get the same setup to work. Your help is much appreciated.

I'm coming into this discussion a little late, but have inherited a Pix/Linksys environment and wish to create an IPSec tunnel between the two. Could you send me the configuration as offered?

Thanks,

Brian

Got configs? I am coming in a little late as well. I have emailed Rod about configs (just now), but if anyone else has already received them, I wouldn't mind getting a couple of duplicates if Rod ends up being busy or not checking the forum. I have had a lot of headaches with this, the Linksys constantly freezes up when you try to create a tunnel, making it much harder to test different settings. Also I briefly had a connection at one point that could never be duplicated again. Very strange and frustrating. The PIX actually shows the tunnel when "sh isakmp sa"ing, but it looks like Phase 2 of the handshake never completes, the PIX debug keeps showing it trying until it times out (one reason could be that at this point in the process the Linksys is frozen..and eventually reboots, taking its logs with it). Anyway, any help would be very much appreciated!

I got them. Rod was kind enough to send them along, but noted (as he did earlier here) that there are still issues with this kind of setup, and that the Netopia works better. I will post to after I give it another try.

Not applicable

Aaron:

I saw this posting... i know it's old.. but.. did you fix the problem?? I am having more or less the same problem... I have a PIX 515 and several Linksys VPN routers that suddenly stopped working.. and they reach one point of the handshake and then hang.... if you got the solution... could you send me the configuration scripts??

thank a lot... I appreciate any help!

Luis Heredia

Luis. I am trying to configure a Pix vs a Linksys BEFSX41 and I have the same problem. Did you get a solution? If you did, could you send me the configuration scripts, please.

Thank you very much, I appreciate any help!

Hi. My name is Marcelo. I work in Argentina. I have the problem you explained. Did you resolve it? Could you help me, please.

Thanks!

Please Rod could you send me your configs.

I like you have been trying this for 12 hours with no success.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DY.

Rod,

I hate to ask also, but is could you send me your configs too? Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Hello!

I'm trying to make VPN, but linksys always freezes after 1. phase. Can you please send me configuration of pix (linksys).

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: