Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys QuickVPN Client from behind Pix501?

I am trying to setup a "Linksys QuickVPN Client" from the inside of a pix501 protected network, to connect to a Linksys Rv082 VPN router but when I try to connect I get an error message during the "Validating Network" message. This used to work just fine through my old Instagate firewall, before the pix. This seems to be happening a lot lately, VPN client connections that USED to work with the old instagate, no longer work through the pix, or require all sorts of reconfiguring. What is this about? THanks.

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Linksys QuickVPN Client from behind Pix501?

on the pix501, try to create an inbound acl permitting the followings:

udp 500

udp 4500

ip 50

I've permitted udp 500, udp 4500 and esp, and ALL ip through my outside acl and still no luck. It gets to 'verifying network' and then fails saying that the remote gateway is not responding. No inside acls currently. Any other ideas? Thanks.

I'm also having this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution on this? I can't seem to find anything. I have an ASA5510 that I'm trying to VPN through with the QuickVPN Client. If I'm not behind the ASA it works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

After MUCH troubleshooting and hassle, we had to dump the use of the QuickVPN client as it is a non-standard VPN client and does not work with a large number of configurations. We spent time talking to both Cisco and Linksys on this issue and it was never resolved...if you do find a fix, please post it back here as I'd like to see where to goes. It has been over a year since we've looked into this. Best of luck. Cheers

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content