cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linux version of Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3(B)

banlanc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to use Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3(B) on Linux to connect my PIX firewall. But every time after I entered the group name and password, it gave me this error message. "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client Reason: Failed to establish a VPN connection. There are no new notification messages at this time." I can use same pcf file to connect pix under windows 2000, also this linux client can be used to establish VPN tunnel with my VPN concentrator. Any idea about this? Thanks in advance.

Banlan

6 Replies 6

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

4.0 on windows sometimes throws that "terminated locally..." error on things that do not make sense - I have gotten that when I have mistyped my certificate password.

It might be possible that pcf files are not transportable cross platform - I have never had reason to play with the linux client yet

banlanc
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me! Thanks

Please ignore me. I fixed the problem. Thanks

banlanc,

I having the same problem with Linux cisco vpn client.

Can you share how you were able to resolved this issue?

Thanks

banlanc, can you reply with info on how you solved this problem?

Thanks.

First please check if your VPN profile is correct, also make sure the location of your profile is under /etc/CiscoSystemsVPNClient/Profiles/ directory. Let me know if you still have problem.

Banlan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: