cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for a tracking solution for site to site VPN

ntuser2000
Level 1
Level 1

I need to track site to site VPN peer connectivity on a couple ASA5520s. What I would like is to be able to look at a list of all configured peers and see when each peer last successfully connected. I am open to suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would filter the ASA to send 713120 logs to a syslog server and write a script to show the informarion I need and dump it to a web page that gets updated, say hourly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You could use "ip sla" for that. Instead of tracking a route, you just monitor the reachability:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/route_static.html#wp1119813

--

Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

You can use snmp to monitor ipsec values. PRTG from passler monitor 70 sites for bandwidth, uptime, downtime and active users at my company.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate as helpful, if that would be the case. Thanx

Thanks but not really what I need. I am not looking to verify a tunnel is up but more track when they last connected. I am thinking doing something like tracking "Phase2 complete" (713120) Syslog messgaes and finding a way to timestamp a list of peers when those messages are seen to create a running log of when each peer last connected. What I want to do is determine which tunnels have not been used for extended periods of time.

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would filter the ASA to send 713120 logs to a syslog server and write a script to show the informarion I need and dump it to a web page that gets updated, say hourly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: