Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Lost my certificate on the asa

Hi Community.

My installed certificate is not shown anymore under "Identity Certificates". Now i just have my ".cer" file from the CA Certifier and like to install that again. But the ASA says I need to install the certifiacte in the "PKCS12 format with Certificate and Private Key".

Wha ca i do  ?                

Thanks and kind regards patrick

5 REPLIES

You don't have the key anymore?

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

I've startet the request for a certificate on the asa saved the file to my harddisk and send it to my certifier. I get the .cer file back and installed the certificate. Where i have to use that key, cant remember that i used a key?

Sorry for the bad question. :-)

Uhhhh .. so if you don't have a full-backup of the ASA which includes the keys/certs, then it's lost and your cert is useless..

Michael

So, as i know i can only set the keys if i do a export. I cant set keys during the request process right ?

When you generate the request on the ASA, the key is saved locally and you can only export it via a system backup (with ASDM e.g.). If the certificate and the key is gone you can only restore via backup (or you have a PKCS12).

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content