cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managed VPN Services

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

We are small company with one person running our IT department. Should we be looking more at a managed VPN service instead of a in house one?

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

i think whether or not you have your VPN services managed depends on a few factors:

* can your in house IT support do the job correctly and in a timely manner?

* do your customers require a Service Level Agreement?

* what is the cost of supporting your corporate VPN vs. having the service managed?

if you have an IT guy that definately knows how to manage the VPN and you have but a mere handful or two of users using the VPN, then i would think it more economical to keep the VPN managed by in house staff.

likewise, if you have an IT guy that is not very savvy with VPN or simply does not have the time to support it, then an ISP managed solution, or the likes, would sound more beneficial as well as economical.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Bill

I interpret Managed VPN service as a flavor available/offered by your ISP.

Since we do provide the same kinda services over here its better to avail the same with the kinda IT manpower you have since the things like the config,IOS regular backup and other configuration part on the devices will be taken care by the SP itself.

I feel managed services will be the best to your organization.

if this doesn't answers your query do revert back with more inputs..

regds

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

i think whether or not you have your VPN services managed depends on a few factors:

* can your in house IT support do the job correctly and in a timely manner?

* do your customers require a Service Level Agreement?

* what is the cost of supporting your corporate VPN vs. having the service managed?

if you have an IT guy that definately knows how to manage the VPN and you have but a mere handful or two of users using the VPN, then i would think it more economical to keep the VPN managed by in house staff.

likewise, if you have an IT guy that is not very savvy with VPN or simply does not have the time to support it, then an ISP managed solution, or the likes, would sound more beneficial as well as economical.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: