Views
Helpful
Replies

ManifestTool.exe is not marked for install

oseois72521
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have anyconnect vpn for work, and was having some problems with it. The problem was related to a different system that would call me, so they had me try to remove, and re add the software. When that happened, it all stopped working entirely. I cannot install the program, when i try to, it gives me the error message ManifestTool.exe is not marked for install.

I have scoured my computer, folders, files, registry, for anything Cisco, or ManifestTool, and what i find, i remove. Still no luck. I downloaded Revo uninstaller, it doesn't find anything, then i downloaded CCleaner, and it sees anyconnect as a program that i can try and remove, but when i try, it gives the same error message.

Any assistance, ideas, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What installation file and method are you using as the source media?

stevanp
Level 1
Level 1

I loosely followed the instructions on this link.  It is doe Cisco Jabber but the same applies.  I searched within the registry key they mentioned HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\ for the term Cisco.  I found one registry entry underneath that key and deleted it.  Presto, no more error messages relating to the installation of said Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.

Thanks Stevanp, This solved my problem. I was getting the same error while installing "anyconnect-win-3.1.06078-pre-deploy-k9.msi" on Windows 7 which previously had 3.1.05182. Deleted the registry keys and installation successful right away. 

Regards,

Rick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: