Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the list of AnyConnect gateways in drop down

Is there a way to remove the list of gateways that you can connect to? I have a user group that I will changing the gateway to use an alias and I don't want both connections listed. It seems that even if I edit the profile the client on the pc remembers the old gateway.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Modifying the list of AnyConnect gateways in drop down

I don't have a PC to check on right now but the gateways should be listed in the files described in the following link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/ac02asaconfig.html#wp1619691

Make sure you are looking under the logged in user's profile.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 REPLIES

The is a client side preferences file in addition to the individual profile XML file. It is a normally hidden file under appdata folder. In it will be a listing of the previously connected profiles that governs the contents of the drop down list.

I've looked at the preferences.xml file however it doesn't list all of the connection gateways that are shown when I start the client. I must not be finding the correct file. Any ideas?

I don't have a PC to check on right now but the gateways should be listed in the files described in the following link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/ac02asaconfig.html#wp1619691

Make sure you are looking under the logged in user's profile.

Found it. Thanks ! Below directory has the individual .xml files.

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile\

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content