Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring ASA VPN sessions using groups

lastina38
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to monitor ASA VPN sessions (IPsec and SSL)

according to tunnel groups !

We are currently using Cacti (which uses snmp) in order to monitor our ASA 5520 (see the attached graph).

The goal is to graph sessions in Cacti according to connection profiles or group-policy.

This way we could have specific statistics for each "group of users".

I already researched and tested some Cisco OID using :

sh snmp-server oidlist ...

and then linux commands to obtain the values.

But I still didn't find a way to do it.

Thanks,

M.

1 Reply 1

vpnttg001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check  out VPNTTG (VPN Tunnel Traffic Grapher) is a software for SNMP  monitoring and measuring the traffic load for IPsec  (Site-to-Site,  Remote Access) and SSL (With Client, Clientless) VPN  tunnels on a Cisco  ASA. It allows the user to see traffic load on a VPN  tunnel over time  in graphical form.

Advantage of VPNTTG over other SNMP based monitoring software's is   following: Other (commonly used) software's are working with static OID   numbers, i.e. whenever tunnel disconnects and reconnects, it gets   assigned a new OID number. This means that the historical data,  gathered  on the connection, is lost each time. However, VPNTTG works  with VPN  peer's IP address and it stores for each VPN tunnel  historical  monitoring data into the Database.

For more information about VPNTTG please visit www.vpnttg.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: