cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moved config from ASA 5510 to 5512, VPN connection doesn't work.

dustin.kinn
Level 1
Level 1

I moved a configuration file from a 5510 to a 5512, and upgraded from 8.4 to 9.0.3 IOS version.

The configs look identical, I put the cert back, but it doesn't want to allow VPN to connect.  There are several new lines of code that arrived with the new version, one in particular I can't find much on at all:

crypto ca trustpool policy

It won't let me remove that line, but as far as I can tell, it is not necessary if there is a cert installed.  Could that be my issue?  Do I need to reissue something with the cert?  The way I replaced it was to type:

crypto ca trustpoint [TrustPoint]

crypto ca certificate chain [TrustPoint]

certificate ca [cert]

[Hex code for Cert]

end

The config appears exactly the same now, do I have to do anything else?  I'm not terribly familiar with using certs.

2 Replies 2

bmurray
Level 1
Level 1

I would reinstall the cert from the provider. Or better yet get a new cert and install it.

dustin.kinn
Level 1
Level 1

If I install a new cert, is it going to do anything to the access?  I'm really a noob when it comes to certs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: