Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multicast Stream access over RAS VPN connected client machine

Hi All,

I got an requirment ,  that is Muliticast stream need to access over RAS VPN

Scanario : I have ASA 5540 device , configured  RAS profile and user connecting to ASA device to access standard server over VPN ,

now we have webcast and stream need to access over RAS VPN  PCF profile  . please let me know is it techically possibe to configure mulitcast configuration and is user client machine can access stream over VPN . please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Multicast Stream access over RAS VPN connected client machin

Unfortunately this isn't supported with the software clients.  You'll need to do an IOS router of some sort if you want to do multicast over VPN.

--Jason

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not possible.  The Cisco VPN client does not support multicast traffic.

--Jason

Hi Jason,

yes ipsec protocol does not support mulitcast packet .  I am looking solution on   SSL any connect   but i am not able to get any clew on this  either in cisco or google.

if you have any info on this please share .  that through any connect  is this possible ?

Cisco Employee

Unfortunately this isn't supported with the software clients.  You'll need to do an IOS router of some sort if you want to do multicast over VPN.

--Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies