Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast traffic over client vpn

kennis1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

So.. i already created a vpn server on my 878 router.. so that i can connect with ip-sec (cisco vpn client) to this router and network..

al working great... however... when i also want to allow multicast traffic over my vpn connection. do i then need a GRE vpn? or what?

or is this only needed when you use a site to site vpn..?

And how can i enable this?

Thanksssss

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mudjain
Level 1
Level 1

There is no way we can directly send multicast traffic through remote access VPN tunnel.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mudjain
Level 1
Level 1

There is no way we can directly send multicast traffic through remote access VPN tunnel.

Ok, i'm already building a vpn to vpn connection with Gre and tunnel interfaces....

Vpn connection already up right now...and this afternoon testing the multicast traffic..

Thanks for you're answer!!

kennis1977
Level 1
Level 1

Ok now something else... I'm done buildig the back to back vpn and working..

Now i tried to send multicast traffic over the link... I also configured EIGRP protocol (that also uses multicast hello packets)

This is working... I get updates..

Now i tried to send multicast traffic from client to client that are behind these routers.. I also configured

Ip multicast-routing and on all the interfaces ip pim sense-mode however... No multicast traffic from client to client..

What can be wrong? Or do i need some configuration more??

Thankssss

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: