cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple L2L ipsec VPN to the same destination (ip adress)

power.srvi
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

im lookin to establish a a multiple L2L ips  tunnels ( one tunnel for each subnet) from my cisco asa 5510 to the same destination.

should the cisco asa capable of this ?

how can i do it ?

regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

You can do it if you mean to say -

Lets say site A- has got 3 subnet and Site B has got one.

In this case what you need to do is to add ACL for crypto.

Thanks

Ajay

View solution in original post

Yes.

Note - it needs to be added at both the local and remote firewall. If not, they will not form a Phase 2 SA for that local/remote pair of networks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

You can do it if you mean to say -

Lets say site A- has got 3 subnet and Site B has got one.

In this case what you need to do is to add ACL for crypto.

Thanks

Ajay

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to what Ajay said, your VPN is between your ASA and the distant end's firewall. Within that VPN there can be multiple IPSec Phase 2 security associations which are formed based on interesting traffic coming to the ASA and matching the cryptomap (access list for crypto).

You may want to have a look at the Wizard in ASDM if you are new to ASAs. (Wizards, VPN, Site-to-site VPN Wizard).

Once you have a working site-site IPSEC VPN, you can see the individual network pairs with the command:

show vpn-sessiondb detail l2l

Hope this helps.

so it mean that i have only to add the subnet within  the acess list matched on the crypto map ?

Yes.

Note - it needs to be added at both the local and remote firewall. If not, they will not form a Phase 2 SA for that local/remote pair of networks.

note: the local firewall is not a cisco

so iv add it on my asa, i restart all the tunnels and i start continious ping from a machine on the added network

at the same time i set the : debug icmp trace ---> i see no packets from the local machine to the added network

i use show crypto ipsec sa details--> the tunnel is up but the network that i added on the is not showed, only the first network is present

hi all,

i would to thank Mr RHOADS and Mr ajay chauhan for their precious help.

it works, the problem was ont the rmote netgear vpn policy's order ( phase 2)

that's what i did

I desable the vpn on the remote box then i create a phase 2 including the new subnet

then i check my acess list on my asa  and to bioth von that i want to transport on the vpn is present

finaly i enable again the vpn on the remote box ( netgear FVS318)

the tunnel is up again and when i make a show crypto ipsec sa detail: i can see 2 crypto map tag matched to the same sequence number and each one is matching to a declared trafic.

thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: