Helpful
Replies

nat (inside) 0

crenatovb.vix
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

Can anyone help me?

How do I configure "no nat" in version 8.4(4) of the ASA?

Example:

Local network: 192.168.135.0/24
Remote Network: 192.168.137.0/24

Before:

# access-list extended permit ip Nonat 192.168.135.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.137.0 255.255.255.0
#nat (inside) 0 access-list Nonat

How do these same settings in version 8.4(4) of the ASA?

When entering command "nat (inside) 0 access-list Nonat"
ERROR: This syntax of nat command Has Been deprecated.
Please refer to "help nat" command for more details.

Is this correct?

#object network network-local

#subnet 192.168.135.0 255.255.255.0

#object network network-remote

#subnet 192.168.137.0 255.255.255.0

#nat (inside,outside) source static rede-local rede-local destination static rede-remota rede-remota no-proxy-arp

#nat (outside,inside) source static rede-remota rede-remota destination static rede-local rede-local no-proxy-arp

5 Replies 5

You typically need only one NAT for that:

nat (inside,outside) source static rede-local rede-local destination static rede-remota rede-remota no-proxy-arp route-lookup

The other direction (outside,inside) is not needed. Depending on the rest of your setup you need to add the keyword "route-lookup".

And you should read Jounis very excellent document on ASA 8.3+ NAT:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/132066/asa-nat-83-nat-operation-and-configuration-format-cli

Thank you, Karsten Iwen.

After configuring and testing, I inform if I succeeded.

Raja Periyasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Also add route-lookup at the end of the NAT statement if it is version 8.4 and above.

nat (inside,outside) source static rede-local rede-local destination static rede-remota rede-remota no-proxyarp route-lookup

Also note the mismatch between the object names configured and the object names used in the nat statement.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you, Raja and Richard.

After configuring and testing, I inform if I succeeded.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: