cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT on incoming connections

bownessbrad
Level 1
Level 1

Could some please briefly describe how NAT works in the following scenario so I can set it up. Before I mention the scenario I do know what NAT is and have used it for outgoing (single outside ip with several internal private ip addresses)

What I want to accomplish is have a single public (outside) ip and allow VPN clients to connect to that outside IP. Then ... this is the confusion, allow the clients to NAT to a single internal ip(that is also a public ip on another subnet). The goal is to use an internal ip pool of private addresses to NAT to an internal public IP.

Confused yet. I can get this to work now only if I use my internal DHCP server to dish out internal public address on the inside NIC. Again I want to use private ip pool on the ASA device and NAT to a single internal IP(public address)

Help please.

1 Reply 1

valconix
Level 1
Level 1

Haven't actually tired this, Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if it would done like the following:e.g

nat 4 (outside) 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 (private address pool on ASA - used by vpn client)

global (inside) 4 your_internal_public_address

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: