Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAT on incoming connections

Could some please briefly describe how NAT works in the following scenario so I can set it up. Before I mention the scenario I do know what NAT is and have used it for outgoing (single outside ip with several internal private ip addresses)

What I want to accomplish is have a single public (outside) ip and allow VPN clients to connect to that outside IP. Then ... this is the confusion, allow the clients to NAT to a single internal ip(that is also a public ip on another subnet). The goal is to use an internal ip pool of private addresses to NAT to an internal public IP.

Confused yet. I can get this to work now only if I use my internal DHCP server to dish out internal public address on the inside NIC. Again I want to use private ip pool on the ASA device and NAT to a single internal IP(public address)

Help please.

1 REPLY

Re: NAT on incoming connections

Haven't actually tired this, Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if it would done like the following:e.g

nat 4 (outside) 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 (private address pool on ASA - used by vpn client)

global (inside) 4 your_internal_public_address

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content