Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT one public ip to multiple private ip

bala murugan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My setup is having 5 servers-->L3 Switch-->Firewall-->ISP-->(one Static IP Address)

.. I am holding one Static Ip address.. I want to map this with the 5 servers(file servers, application servers and storage server)..Aim is to take remote of 5 servers from outside..

Is it Possible using NAT.. or any other way to do this

Someone help me to getout from this riddle

4 Replies 4

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not sure if your aim is to just be able to access these devices remotely or do you actually have to host some services on these devices to anyone on the Internet?

If you are hosting some services on the devices that everyone should be able to access then you would have to use Static PAT (Port Forward) to forward the services required to the local devices since you only have the single public IP address. If you need to forward same ports to multiple devices then you will also have to modify the public/mapped port in the Static PAT configurations since you can't have overlapping translations.

If your aim on the other hand is simply accessing these resources yourself and they wont have to be publicly available you could always consider configuring VPN Client connection and through it connect to the local devices with their actual IP address rather than doing Static PAT towards the public network.

- Jouni

one to many-page-001.jpgI am going to host services on my servers.

Lan IP: 192.168.1.0/24

Server IP : 192.168.100.0/24

Firewall IP: 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.100.1

Switch IP : 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.100.2

Satic IP : 200.100.X.X(only one)

5 server. for different purpose and Different group of users

can guide me how to configure Static PAT for this setup..

Kindly consider teh attachment.

Hi,

I would need to know the firewall model and software level its running on. Mainly the software version.

This is necause the NAT configuration format changed between 8.2 and 8.3 softwares so the correct format depends on what software you are running.

In your picture it seems to me that you would have 2 firewalls but I presume that you have 2 different LAN networks connected to a single firewall.

- Jouni

Cisco 4500 series and checkpoint r.75 firewall

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: