Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New feature in ASA 8.4(2)?

Hi,

In ASA 8.4(2) release notes (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/release/notes/asarn84.html) , I saw a feature listed: "Mobile Posture  (formerly referred to as AnyConnect Identification Extensions for Mobile Device Detection) ".

This is listed as a new feature in 8.4(2) ASA release.

I also saw in

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-anyconnect/id392790924?mt=8

that Anyconnect for iOS devices ( iphones, ipads) is available from ASA software 8.0(3).1 or later and it needs additional licenses. What I am not able to understand is why Mobile Posture is listed as a new feature in 8.4(2). It does not look like a new feature to me OR am I missing something?

Thanks,

Kashish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Posture is more of an identity-type feature allowing you to assess the posture (OS level, presence of required software etc.) of a client in order to make decisions (e.g with Cisco Secure Desktop or a more advanced product such as ISE) regarding letting them onto the network or into a certain group.

The Anyconnect for IOS (and associated AnyConnect Mobile - NOT Mobile Posture) is just a basic Anyconnect VPN client.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Posture is more of an identity-type feature allowing you to assess the posture (OS level, presence of required software etc.) of a client in order to make decisions (e.g with Cisco Secure Desktop or a more advanced product such as ISE) regarding letting them onto the network or into a certain group.

The Anyconnect for IOS (and associated AnyConnect Mobile - NOT Mobile Posture) is just a basic Anyconnect VPN client.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content