Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Non-Cisco guy here needs to install the activation key for AnyConnect

Hi,

I downloaded the key(s) and there seems to be an "Authorization Key" and below the list of services the key provides

the serial number of my 5510 and then 5 groups of numbers. I assume the 5 "goups" of numbers is the activation-key.

I tried using putty at the console and typed:

>conf t

conf>activation-key -->and then the series of numbers. I assumed I had to put a 0x in front of them all but itkind of flakes out as i

put i the last number and overwrites a little. What's going on?

Also we have the ASDM, if I can use that it would be simpler. How would I do that?

HELP!

--ar                  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Non-Cisco guy here needs to install the activation key for AnyCo

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered and/or rate the useful replies.

3 REPLIES

Activation key is one of those odd commands you enter from enable mode, not from config mode. If you're in enable mode (# prompt), just type "activation key ___" (without quotes, just using your key in place of the ___). Reference.

In ASDM you can enter it via Choose Configuration > Device Management, and then choose the Licensing > Activation Key or Licensing Activation Key pane, depending on your model. Reference.

Yes, thank you. I finally gatered all the info before your post and did just that. I was hesitant as I was not sure if entering a license key there was changing the base ASA itsel - so was a little gun shy.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered and/or rate the useful replies.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content