Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able tp ping to inside n/w thru VPN client

sunilyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have PIX firewall with statefull failover.

I have configured PIX for VPN client 3.0. The user is getting authenticated by the RADIUS server. But I am unable to ping to the inside network. (This is directly connected subnet.) I have checked all routes as well.

Can anybody suggest why the VPN client workstation is not able to ping the inside network ?

Regards,

Sunil

6 Replies 6

nihal.akbulut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you write the acl to permit that traffic?By default, PIX doesn't permit any traffic from outside or DMZ to inside. Can you send your configuration?

Yes the acl is in place.

Regards,

Sunil

Did you permit the vpn client's ip address in acl or did you use downloadable acl from radius? or maybe icmp is not permitted in your acl, (which I did the same mistake before ;)..

Yes I have permitted the vpn clients ip address in acl. ICMP and IP are permitted.

One more thing....once I get connected I see transport tunneling : "Inactive" in the VPN client connection status.

Sunilyk, Did you ever manage to get this working ? I have the exact same problem - the config looks OK and the client authenticates and gets allocated an address but then cannot connect. Any help would be much appreciated

Hi -

Have got: nat (inside) 0 access-list applied on your PIX config ??

Thanks -