Helpful
Replies

OnConnect scripting issue from WEBVPN AnyConnect portal

strakamar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a minor issue

client is 2.5.0217

OnConnect script works great through the anyconnect client however if I use the web ssl front end to launch the anyconnect client the onconnect script does not run. Is there any way to have onconnect and ondisconnect scripts to run if the anyconnect client is launched through the webvpn.

I have searched high and low but with no luck. Anythoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shilpa Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per my understanding of the issue, i see that the script does not run when Anyconnect is launched using portal.

It can be related to a  difficulty finding the profiles at times.

This is usually a result of not having a hostname and hostaddress configured in the existing profile. I think it may be a good idea to add

these values to your existing profile so we land on the right xml profile the first time.

Try to add the host entry as  with fqdn of ASA.

And let me know if it helps.

For clearing up the credentials in the dialog box when using AnyConnect I found one of the bug:-

CSCsx76993

Symptom:

User credentials are cached in preferences.xml  file when using Anyconnect client.  So when they relaunch Anyconnect,  the username appears in the client.

Conditions:

This is seen in all anyconnect clients.  This is a configurable option in the IPSec client.

Workaround:

Currently there is no workaround

And i can see it is resolved in 2.4.202 however i am not sure if its resolved in 2.5 also. For this i would like to hear from others.

Regards,

Shilpa

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Shilpa Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per my understanding of the issue, i see that the script does not run when Anyconnect is launched using portal.

It can be related to a  difficulty finding the profiles at times.

This is usually a result of not having a hostname and hostaddress configured in the existing profile. I think it may be a good idea to add

these values to your existing profile so we land on the right xml profile the first time.

Try to add the host entry as  with fqdn of ASA.

And let me know if it helps.

For clearing up the credentials in the dialog box when using AnyConnect I found one of the bug:-

CSCsx76993

Symptom:

User credentials are cached in preferences.xml  file when using Anyconnect client.  So when they relaunch Anyconnect,  the username appears in the client.

Conditions:

This is seen in all anyconnect clients.  This is a configurable option in the IPSec client.

Workaround:

Currently there is no workaround

And i can see it is resolved in 2.4.202 however i am not sure if its resolved in 2.5 also. For this i would like to hear from others.

Regards,

Shilpa

Thanks for the reply Shilpa. Updating the client to 2.5.2006 and adding both the hostname as the fqdn and host address as the fqdn worked on the scripting. The scripts now run from anyconnect as well as the webvpn (web portal).

I just finished my happy dance - LOL!

I am going to start a new thread on the clear dialog box on anyconnect and Award points and close this thread.

Hi There,

I have the exact same problem as user strakamar, the OnConnect script is not running when Anyconnect is started from the webVPN portal. I added my hostname and host address to the server list in the XML which is assigned to the right group policy but its still not working, do you have any more advice on getting this to work?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I got it working, filling in the hostname with fqdn @ server list fixed it for me! this is awesome

Finally i got everything working.

BTW: I use Anyconnect Client 3.1.00495

Message was edited by: Johan de Koning