Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF and PIX 6.3

Dear Support,

I am looking at implementing a DR/Hosting site for our company. This will have it's own connection to the internet and we will have a dedicated link between the HQ and DR site.

I'm looking at running OSPF and have 3750-emi switches at both sites and pix 515e's at both sites.

I was hoping to be able to utilise the internet connection at both sites for access to the internet if one of the feeds goes down. (i.e. if it is configured with route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 w.x.y.z)

I have read that the PIX is unable to adjust OSPF to advertise if the internet connection has gone down.

If I ask my provider (at both the HQ and DC sites) to advertise a default router to the pix's via OSPF will that be able to determine if the default route has gone down?

thanks in advance.

regards, Adrian.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: OSPF and PIX 6.3

Re: OSPF and PIX 6.3

Many thanks for your help, we are now going to buy 2 x 5510 sec plus f/w and run asa 7.2 code on them. This supports IP SLA's so will use this to inject a (tracked) default route into OSPF. Still not sure if we have to run just one or two OSPF's processes on the pix for redistribution of the default route into the internal OSPF area 0?

Hopefully you know the answer?, otherwise not to worry, as will be testing in a lab before deployment.

Thanks again.

Adrian.

Views
Helpful
Replies