cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Displayed

dianewalker
Level 1
Level 1

The password for the key of the radius server is displayed when I typed "show run" on the ASA.  Is there a way not to display the password  when I typed "show run"?

=============================================================================================================

aaa-server Radius (Inside) host 206.147.25.20

timeout 300

key 123456

radius-common-pw 123456

==============================================================================================================

Thanks.

Diane

2 Replies 2

kenrandrews
Level 1
Level 1

Did you use the service password-encryption command. It seems there was a bug that allowed the Tacacs password to remain unencrypted, but it did not affect radius so if you enter that it should encrypt it.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-5271;jsessionid=2152644DDAB958EC34651BC608967DC6.node0

Edit:  Sorry I did not notice the ASA portion of this in which case this command does not work. I will look into it a bit more.

I checked it on my ASA running 8.3(1) code and it is shown as ***** rather than the actual pw. I guess you should find out when this changed and update to that version or just get the newest version. Sorry this was not an easier fix.

Please rate any helpful posts. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: