Views
Helpful
Replies

Password recovery on vpn concentrator 3000 running 4.0 above

godwin daniel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have been looking into gathering info on a  vpn 3000 concentrator for one our customers who recently started supporting. We have no documentation about the username or password for the concentrator:

The link on cisco http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_password_recovery09186a008009434f.shtml
tells you how to reset the administrative password. But can anyone confirm after doing so the concentrator will retain the old config, I am very reluctant to do it as we have no documentation of the config anywhere and seen that you can lose it in some of the old pix/switches/routers.

many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For what it's worth, I've followed that procedure to successfully reset the administrator password on a VPN 3000 concentrator without any loss of the active configuration.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For what it's worth, I've followed that procedure to successfully reset the administrator password on a VPN 3000 concentrator without any loss of the active configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: