Replies

peer-id-validate

Anatoly Fanrus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please explain to me what it means.

Debug  from ASA

Feb 13 11:12:31 [IKEv1]Group = X.X.X.X, IP = X.X.X.X, Removing peer from correlator table failed, no match!
Feb 13 11:12:31 [IKEv1]Group = X.X.X.X, IP = X.X.X.X, Session is being torn down. Reason: User Requested

After i configured the following command "peer-id-validate nocheck"  everything is ok.

tunnel-group X.X.X.X ipsec-attributes

ikev1 pre-shared-key xxxx
peer-id-validate nocheck

Is it safe to use it.

1 Reply 1

Poonam Garg
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Anatoly,

This debug output is generally seen when there is a mismatch of ipsec transform-set between two peers or mismatch of Proxy Acls in phase 2.

Whereas the peer-ip-validate command specifies the use of certificates.The nocheck parameter specifies that certificates will not be used (pre-shared keys will be used instead with the pre-shared-key command). The req parameter specifies that certificates must be used with the remote peer, or a tunnel wonā€™t be built. The default setting for this command is req, unless you configure a pre-shared key.

I don't find any connection between the two.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: