Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

performance problem for PIX 525

I have throughput problem with PIX 525. can anybody see anything wrong or missing command to increase the performance of the PIX?

thanks

Ercan

2 REPLIES

Re: performance problem for PIX 525

Hello Ercan,

when you say that your throughput is slow, from where to where is that noticable ? The config looks ok, you might want to try ´mtu inside 1350´ and ´mtu outside 1350´, also, set your second Ethernet interface to fixed speed and duplex settings as well (and makes ure of course that whatever you have connected to that interface is set to the same fixed settings)...

Regards,

GNT

Re: performance problem for PIX 525

it is very noticable, such as, outbound connection was somewhat faster. I have data connection and a VOIP trunk going to another VOIP server through this PIX as well, and for this traffic, just for a call, it takes about a second to build the call up. it used to be faster (while I did not have PIX installed). Well, PIX will be slower than a switch but I did not expect this much latency. All speed and duplex settings are fixed same...I do not know what is left to check?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content