Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 501 Remote Access VPN???

Good Morning from Turkey,

I have 2 easy questions for u guys... Well these questions are really hard for newcomers to PIX like me.

Anyhow,

we have a PIX 501... And PPPoE is enabled on outside interface.

Here what i wanna do is i wanna configure it for Remote Access VPN such as PPTP.

I tried to configure it using GUI, but after applying evrything the GUI warns me that i cant enable PPTP on an interface which PPPoE has already enabled. (I was trying to apply it on outside)

So waht can i do to use both PPPoE and Remote Access, is it possible? if so, how?

And the 2nd one is about allowing ports.

We are gonna use an sql application through VPN connection between branch offices.

I have o allow that port through VPN communication...

Thanks in advanced...

Ahmet

2 REPLIES

Re: PIX 501 Remote Access VPN???

Hi

As you are mentioning that you have already configured up PPPoE do clarify about the outside interface ip assignment from your SP side.

Is that going to be dynamic ? in that case your remote client locations may not be able to get the vpn connectivity established with your central pix ..

better try out for a static ip before trying something inline with VPN..

regds

Re: PIX 501 Remote Access VPN???

Thanks for reply,

It has already static. But as i said before, im superior new in PIX, and i dont know how to handle it...

Can u help me how to configure it? For example whats gonna happen if i enable Remote Access VPN on inside interface? Inside ip is private...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content