Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

PIX 7.x and ASA 7.2

Are those 2 OS in PIX and ASA very similar in terms of command and syntax ?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Community Member

Re: PIX 7.x and ASA 7.2

Yes, 90% of PIX and ASA commands are identical. The rest of 10% are commands available in ASA only. The main difference in my opinion is ASA the ability to support WebVPN sessions. ASA is also modular, you can use for example a real (hardware) IDS module.

197
Views
0
Helpful
1
Replies
CreatePlease to create content