Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX PDM/VPN CA Problem

moinseoul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a PIX506E to use certificates from a Microsoft CA for a site-to-site VPN. Gernerating RSA keys, either General or Usage, work. Authenticating the CA and enrolling the PIX with the CA have no problems. I save the certificates and write the configuration to memory. VPN works without any problems. However after enrolling with the CA, connectivity to the PIX Device Manager (PDM) is lost. If I zeroize the RSA keys, I regain connectivity to the PDM, but loose the VPN!

Both the PIX and PDM are the latest software releases the PIX 506E support.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Do you have MS SCEP addon installed? It is required for enrollment.SCEP can be configured to use Challenge passwords during enrollment (as security feature).If so, then you should get a challenge string (using web link to SCEP page on CA server)

CA support was working fine. The problem was that I was using an Enterprise CA not a stand alone CA. The new certificates were causing the SSL to fail when loading the certificates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: