Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

pix restricted license + VAC+ card

can you run a VAC+ card in a pix 515E with a restricted license as long as you only have 2 ethernet interfaces in the pix ie. does the 3 interface limit on a restricted license include a VAC+ card.

If not how do you upgrade from a restricted to an unrestricted license and roughly how much does it cost for a 515E.

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: pix restricted license + VAC+ card

The Cisco part number for the 515/515E Restricted to Unrestricted upgrade is "PIX-515-SW-R-UR=". The US list price is $4000, but it includes the VAC card and a 32 MB memory upgrade. You also get a new activation key that will enable the Unrestricted software features.

3 REPLIES

I don't think so this is possible.

Bronze

The Cisco part number for the 515/515E Restricted to Unrestricted upgrade is "PIX-515-SW-R-UR=". The US list price is $4000, but it includes the VAC card and a 32 MB memory upgrade. You also get a new activation key that will enable the Unrestricted software features.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

crikey - i can get the unrestricted pix model for less than this. As you say i do already have a VAC+ card so maybe it will still be cheaper.

Many thanks for the answer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content