cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix's IKe message

denis.roy
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade a pix firewall. Everything was running, VPN?s, etc. UP graded to version 7 an now I?m seeing this

%PIX-3-713042: IKE Initiator unable to find policy: Intf 1

Now the VPN?s that we have are all active, everything is running. So, what is this message telling me. What policy an I missing.

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Error Message %PIX|ASA-3-713042: IKE Initiator unable to find policy: Intf

interface_number, Src: source_address, Dst: dest_address

Explanation This message indicates that the IPSec fast path processed a packet that triggered IKE, but IKE's policy lookup failed. This error could be timing related. The ACLs that triggered IKE might have been deleted before IKE processed the initiation request. This problem will most likely correct itself.

Explanation If the condition persists, check the L2L configuration, paying special attention to the ACLs associated with crypto maps.

Try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_system_message_guide_chapter09186a00805452d2.html#wp1285986

tgrundbacher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Denis

Could you solve the issue in the meantime? I'm having the exact same problem for a VPN site-to-site peer with code 8.2(1).

The link that was provided in the succeeding post doesn't work anymore...

Regards

Toni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: