Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pix Telnet password lost

Hello,

Is there a solution to overwrite a Telnet password on a PIX 501 ?

I got the administrator password, I'm able to enter in pdm interface, but I've lost the Telnet password.

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Pix Telnet password lost

it would be easier if you've got console access to the pix. if so, you don't need the telnet password. you can get to enable mode using the admin password and change the telnet password.

i tried to ssh to a pix using a local username/password, i thought if i can ssh to a pix even with a privilege 2 user, you can still get to enable mode by the admin password. unfortunately it doesn't work regardless the level of privilege of the user.

so i guess if you don't have console access, one way to do it is to do a full password recovery as suggested by pakpoor.

2 REPLIES

Gold

it would be easier if you've got console access to the pix. if so, you don't need the telnet password. you can get to enable mode using the admin password and change the telnet password.

i tried to ssh to a pix using a local username/password, i thought if i can ssh to a pix even with a privilege 2 user, you can still get to enable mode by the admin password. unfortunately it doesn't work regardless the level of privilege of the user.

so i guess if you don't have console access, one way to do it is to do a full password recovery as suggested by pakpoor.

Views
Helpful
Replies