cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix515e and VPN???

johnisccp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco pix 515e that is setup for VPN to the office. We setup the user to use PPTP to connect to the office but for some reason they are not able to browse on teh internet while connectinhg through the vpn. I found that if the "Use default gateway on remote network is uncheck" that fix the problem but would not allow to connect inside the office. Anyone know how I can allow the user to connect securely to the office and securely let them browse the internet. I do not want backdoor allow. Please help!!!!

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Try lowering the MTU on the VPN Tunnel.Default gateway of internal devices is not the PIX - it's another router. Adding a route for the client-pool to this router might help fixing the issue.Last step would be trying to upgrade PIX515E.

grant.maynard
Level 4
Level 4

Assuming that your PPTP connection is ok, then the problem is that the PIX will not allow traffic in and outthe same interface i.e. in from your PPTP tunnel, then out to internet.

This is possible in v7.2(1) but that doesn't support PPTP (PPTP feature dropped after v6.3.x).

The only option is to put a proxy server in the office.