cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port level restriction with site-to-site VPN connection

mahavirsj
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to put port level restriction while using site-to-site VPN.

I have not been able to setup port level restrictions for hosts while configuring site-to-site VPN.

Cisco PIX 515E, ver 6.3

crypto map map1 1 ipsec-isakmp

crypto map map1 1 match address ACL_CRYPT

crypto map map1 1 set <peer PEER_IP>

crypto map map1 1 set transform-set Transform_set

crypto map map1 1 set security-association lifetime seconds 10800 kilobytes 4608000

access-list ACL_CRYPT permit tcp host a.b.c.d host i.j.k.l eq 23

ISAKMP parameters..........

Am I missing something in the above config.

Or is this a limitation of Cisco PIX.

Thanks

Regards

Mahavir

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

You need a extended access list to do what you require.

I have used an extended list but still its not working.Do I need to do anything else other than this.

Pls help

Thanks

Regards

Mahavir

I have used an extended list but still its not working.Do I need to do anything else other than this.

Pls help

Thanks

Regards

Mahavir

The Pix does not support defining interesting traffic by port level. If you need to filter at this level use acls on the outside interface and disable sysopt connection permit-ipsec.

Will disabling sysopt connection permit ipsec will affect my site-to-site VPN tunnel in any way.I know that sysopt connection command is used to permit only VPN ports between two participating peers.

So if I have an ACL applied on the outside interface I need to add the IP address on this ACL as well as the ACL for whcih I am defining the VPN interesting traffic & for this to work I need to disable sysopt command.

Did I understand that correctly

Thanks

Reagrds

Mahavir

I think that you have it.

Basically if your inside is 192.168.100.0 /24 and the remote side is 10.1.1.0 /24 then you would have the following in your access-list on the outside interface.

access-list outside permit tcp 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.100.0 255.255.255.0 eq 23

This would allow the user to telnet to anything on your network (192.168.100.0 /24)

Or you could even just say host to host..

access-list outside permit tcp host x.x.x.x host y.y.y.y eq 23 just like you would anything else.