cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPOE Tunnel ACL between Pix515 and Router

keyyo0200
Level 1
Level 1

Coporate site have Pix515 and remote site has router. I have a tunnel setup from a remote site to the corporate office. I am looking for information on ACL's to apply to the dialer interface to allow ipsec/ isakmp and all traffic from corporate office to remote site. Do you allow the public address of PIX to access remote router with ipsec/ isakmp traffic and corporate private network address for pop3/ smtp and udp.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

The PIX with the dynamic address will look something like the Tiger config and the other PIX will

look something like the Lion config.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/38.html

View solution in original post

iraban
Level 1
Level 1

yes you have to add ACLS on the dialer interafce on the router.

what you would do is assuming subnet A is behind router and subnet B is next to the Pix.

On A you would permit A's local subnet to A's remote i.e permit A to B and on the pix just the reverse. and no you dont define the public ip in the interesting traffic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

The PIX with the dynamic address will look something like the Tiger config and the other PIX will

look something like the Lion config.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/38.html

I have the PPPOE router to PIX up and running. I am looking for information on adding and ACL to the dialer interface on the router to prevent unwanted traffic from entering the router. I have no problem with the PIX configuration.

iraban
Level 1
Level 1

yes you have to add ACLS on the dialer interafce on the router.

what you would do is assuming subnet A is behind router and subnet B is next to the Pix.

On A you would permit A's local subnet to A's remote i.e permit A to B and on the pix just the reverse. and no you dont define the public ip in the interesting traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: