Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Prob in VPN connectivity

hi

there is a pix in H.O 515E. clients are connecting through Cisco VPN client.

in my branch office internet connection is through ADSL.from this site only one client can connect to the H.O . If one more client want to connect then he is not able to connect.

But when i tried with two dialup connections two users were able to connect.Now the issue is if multiple users trying to connect through a single

shared dial up line they are not able to.

one person at a time.

Please help

Regds

Binoy.

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Prob in VPN connectivity

nat traversal needs to be configured on the pix515e.

e.g.

isakmp nat-traversal 20

thanks jakko

let me try this option.i will get back to you.

Regds

Binoy.

jakko

isakamp nat-traversal is not working situation is same.no change, pls suggest an alternative.

Regds

Binoy

Silver

Binoy,

I agree with Jackko, this sound like a NAT issue.

Is NAT-T enabled on the client? To check from the initial client screen, highlight the VPN connection, click the `Modify' tab, then click the `Transport' tab. Ensure that the `Enable Transparent Tunneling' box is ticked and the `IPSec over UDP' is checked.

If this is done does it work?

If not this may still be a NAT issue, but at the ADSL router end. Does your ADSL router provide for PAT (NAT overload), can the users make simultaneous connections to Internet sites ?

hi cole

thanks for your reply.

here my ADSL connection doesnt have a Permanent static IP.It's from a DHCP pool from the ISP side.

IP address of ADSL interface may change after some days.my H.O side is one Cisco router & PIX 515E.remote side is adsl connection that's not cisco,i think its a D-Link.In this scenario how can i achieve this.is there any settings in VPN client software.

please help.

Regds

Binoy

Views
Helpful
Replies