cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with ezvpn xauth

sebastan_bach
Level 4
Level 4

can someone pls tell me what does xauth mode interactive mean in the ezvpn client. can i have per user authentication who can access the vpn tuunel. on the basis of username and password authentication.

sebastan

4 Replies 4

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you are right...With this feature enabled, the user must enter user name, group name, and user password during XAUTH to authenticate

You can use local database on router (firewall) or RADIUS (TACACS+) authentication

Try following document:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6659/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd80313bf2.pdf

M.

Pls rate useful posts

hi for this to work do i need to have the username and password locally created on the eazy vpn client router or the eazy server. thank u waiting for ur reply.

sebastan

1) enable aaa new model with command:

aaa new-model

2) create auth policy with (in this case named userlist) with local database check:

aaa authentication login userlist local

3)create local usernames:

username cisco password 0 cisco

4)when you configure dynamic map select for authentication created userlist

crypto map dynmap client authentication list userlist

Its taken from

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6659/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd80313bf2.pdf

You have here all easy vpn server configuration

M.

Hope that helps, rate if it does

hi there here my scenario is using a router as a eazy vpn client and not a vpn client software. my requirement is that when this vpn client router connects to the headend device can i have the users to be authenticated before they can access the network via the vpn. is this possible. thank u for all ur help. waiting for ur reply.

sebastan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: